Shiloh Pentecostal Holiness Church was founded in May of 1907. It was established by the unison of seven Indian families that had been having prayer meetings in a house nearby and Reverends P. W. Hatcher and M.B. Emanuel. W.J. Bedsole and his wife Nancy gave the land on which the church now sits. In the year of 1911, this church joined the Fire-Baptized Church. After losing two previous buildings – one by thunderstorm, one by a fire – the current sanctuary first opened its doors July 27, 1947. By 1950, Nancy Ann Bedsole had given the name of the church “Shiloh”. Shiloh, along with Mount Olive and Evergreen, also Indian churches, organized the Central Carolina Conference of the Pentecostal Holiness Church that. In 1953, however, the Central Carolina Conference merged with the North Carolina Conference. Since that time, Shiloh has undergone some structural additions. Five Sunday School rooms were added in 1955 followed by the addition of two classrooms, a vestibule, and a steeple in 1964. Our fellowship hall was added in 1970. In October of 2011, the sanctuary at Shiloh PH was given a makeover as new pews, new carpet, fresh paint, and a tune up of the pulpit and stage was performed. The previous furniture and a piano was donated to churches across eastern North Carolina that were devastated by Hurricane Irene. In 2015, new flooring was placed in the fellowship hall. Finally, on October 1, 2017, Shiloh broke ground for the Shiloh Bridge, our new multipurpose facility which is set to be constructed just next door to the church. Today, Shiloh PH continues to serve the community around it and beyond. The church is embodied by a diverse, multicultural congregation that strives for the seeking of one more soul for Jesus Christ.
List of Pastors Rev. M.B. Emanuel Rev. P.W. Hatcher Rev. Charlie Hatcher Rev. Arthur Maynor Rev. C.H. Cummings Rev. G.A. Whitehurst (1953-54) Rev. W.E. and Daisy Morris (1954) Rev. McElree Purifoy (1955-1957 and 1959-1961) Rev. H.M. Pope (1957-1958) Rev. J.H. Norton (1962-1966, 1968-1974, and 1996-1999) Rev. L. E. Turpin (1966-1968) Rev. Richard Murray (1974-1975) Rev. W.B. Satterfield (1975-1994) Rev. Bert Sapp (1994-1996) Rev. Mark Fields (1999-2004) Rev. Steven Jacobs (2004-2009) Rev. Eddie Smith (2010-Present)